A warm welcome and a note from us before we jump to the legal heavy talk. Visiba Care operates under one purpose: to improve healthcare throughout the world. Our goal is to make healthcare easier for patients and healthcare providers alike, and everything we do, we do to reach that goal. If you meet us (and we cordially invite you to do so!), you’ll be able to see for yourselves that we maintain a high level of integrity and respect for our employees, our customers, and their patients. In the years we’ve been operating, we’ve seen that our visitors want the best for healthcare too, and we wish to establish relationships that revolve around that. So, don’t hesitate to contact us! Yet, if you still do, read along and rest assured of what happens with your data when interacting with our website www.visibacare.com.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
Visiba Group AB, Swedish company reg.no 556967-9813 (“we”, “our”, “us”) is responsible (data controller) for the processing of your personal data described herein. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question regarding your personal data. You can email us at or contact us at:
Visiba Group AB
Krokslätts Fabriker 61
431 37 Mölndal, Sweden
2. Data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer who helps us ensure that we process your personal data in a correct and lawful manner. You can contact our data protection officer by sending an email to email@example.com.
3. How do we collect your data?
Personal data you give to us. Normally, we do not collect any other personal data about you unless you choose to share your information with us. For example, you may share personal data when you email us, subscribe for our newsletter or submit your data through any of the web forms on our website.
4. What types of personal data do we process?
We may collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Contact details. When you contact us, you may provide us with your name, email address and phone number.
- Browser and device data. When you visit our website, we collect certain information about your device (e.g. information about your web browser, IP address, time zone) and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. When you browse our website, we will also collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with our website. Even though we do not normally use this data to identify individuals, sometimes individuals can be recognized from it.
- Web forms. You will find web forms on our website where you can submit your information. For example, you can submit your contact details and ask that we contact you.
- Messages and communications. You may share personal data when you contact us, e.g. contact details, employer, job title, etc. We will also collect relevant information about your interactions with us, e.g. the date, time, method of contact and subject of the conversation. Since email communications are not always secure, we encourage you not to include any sensitive data in your emails.
5. How do we use your data?
We will process your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal bases:
- To communicate with you. When you contact us, we process your contact details and messages based on our legitimate interest of communicating with you and answer the incoming correspondence we receive.
- To promote our services (direct marketing). With your consent, we will use your name and email address to send you periodic newsletters, information about our services and invitations to events. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can opt-out from direct marketing by following the instruction in each marketing email from us.
- To improve and optimise our website. We will process your browser and device data for our legitimate interest in improving and optimising our website (e.g. by generating analytics about how you and others browse and interact with the site). For this purpose, we will not analyse your data on an individual level, all processing will be done on anonymised or pseudonymised data.
- To protect our legitimate interests. We will process your personal data when necessary to protect or exercise our rights or business interests, e.g. to defend us against claims from you or third parties. The legal basis for this processing is usually to pursue legitimate interests.
- To meet legal requirements. We will process your personal data when necessary to comply with our legal obligations under laws, court rulings or other appropriate legal mechanisms, e.g. to respond to lawful requests by public authorities.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
How long we need to keep your data depends on the context and cannot in all cases be specified in advance. When we no longer need your data, we will either delete or anonymise it. We regularly review our need to keep your data, taking into account the applicable legislation.
- Contact details and messages. Normally, we will process your contact details and messages for as long as motivated by the context, to respond to and handle your messages.
- Browser and device data. We keep browser and device data up to 30 days after collection.
- Direct marketing. We will process your contact details (e.g. name and email address) for marketing purposes until you unsubscribe from our mailings.
We may keep your personal data longer where necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We may also keep certain personal data during relevant liability periods.
7. Who can access your data?
We will never sell your data. However, sometimes we share your information with trusted third parties. For example, your personal data will be shared with:
- Our employees. We share your personal data with our employees. However, we will restrict access to those of our employees who need your information to perform their jobs.
- Group companies. We may share your personal data with other companies within Visiba Group, e.g. our subsidiary companies.
- Service providers. We will share your personal data with our service providers who help us provide our website to you or supply other IT services to us which require the processing of personal data. Most of our service providers act as our data processors and may only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions, or to fulfil their legal obligations.
- Public authorities. Legal obligations may require us to share information about you, e.g. to respond to lawful requests from law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities. Such authorities are data controllers for their processing of your personal data.
- Legal process. We may disclose personal data about you to courts, legal advisors and other parties when needed in connection with a legal process, e.g. to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our rights.
8. Where do we store your data?
We always strive to store your personal data within the EU/EEA. However, your personal data will in certain situations be transferred to and processed outside of the EU/EEA.
Please note that privacy laws in countries outside of the EU/EEA may not be the same as, and in some cases may be less protective than, privacy laws in your country. However, we will ensure that your personal data is processed safely and that adequate safeguards (e.g. EU standard Model Clauses and Privacy Shield) are in place to protect your personal data.
You can always contact us for more information about the applicable safeguards.
9. What are your rights?
Where applicable to you, you have the following rights in respect of our processing of your personal data:
- Right to object. You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interest. You can contact us for more information on the balance test that we have made. You also have an absolute right to object to direct marketing.
- Right to access and transfer your data. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we process about you, together with additional information on how the data have been collected, processed, shared, etc. You may also have the right to transfer your personal data to another data controller.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’). You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data should be limited until inaccurate or incomplete information about you has been corrected, or until an objection from you has been handled.
- Right to withdraw your consent. You may at any time withdraw any consent you have given us. However, please note that it will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
You can read more about your rights here.
Want to exercise your rights? Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact our data protection officer at email@example.com.
10. How do we protect your personal data?
We want you to feel confident about providing us with your personal data at all times. We have taken appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, alteration and erasure.
Should a security breach occur that may materially impact you or your personal data (e.g. risk of fraud or identity theft), we will contact you to explain what action you can take to mitigate potential adverse effects of the breach.
Should you feel that we have not complied with our obligations regarding your personal data, please let us know, and we will do our best to make you happy again.
You may also raise your concern with Datainspektionen (the supervisory authority in Sweden) or with the supervisory authority in the country where you live or work.
13. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Even though we aim to only link to reliable websites, we do not control the content or information practices on them. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any such other websites.